Monday, January 02, 2006

Post Holiday Update

Where to begin,

Went on a cruise with the family...had an ok time, but a cruise is not my idea of a fun time.all the ports of call were rained out, so we didn['t get to experience anything new.....the interesting part is there were 38 different nationalities on board....lots of interesting people to talk to.......but I spent most of my time being embarrassed to be an american...I can easily see why Americans are generally considered rude, obnoxious and inconsiderate by most of the free world.I have never seen so many rude pushy people in my life.and everyone of them had an american acent.it got to the point when I would see someone do something rude I would call them on it.being another american with an acidic wit, it was kinda fun to see the look on their faces when made to realise that they were not the only people on the boat and there mother's must have taught them better manners at some point in their life, and now would be a good time to put them to use.

Missed my family and friends over the holidays and was looking forward to coming home...........had an 11 hour drive after we left the ship.got home and......................

found that the person house/pet sitting for us had allowed the animals to do over 1500.00 in damage to my furniture, had allowed about a dozen minor kids to come hang out and drink beer and smoke pot in my home while we were not there.....the house chocked me with it's urine smell..she obviously didn't bother to let the dogs out.......I ajm not angry at the animals,.they can not open the door when they need to go out..and I know I am overly attached to some of my belongings, mainly because there are a few peices that my father got for me.the last thing he was able to do for me, his last gifts, before he died.....so they are more than couches and such to me.they are links to my father..........I know it sounds strange.but when you've lost someone that you are abnormally close to.the strangest things take on significant meaning..I have cried every day since we returned from the trip

I am never going on holiday during christmas ever again...........


it's now the year 2006.I am trying to be optomistic that things wiull improve

El

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although the not so nice ending of 2005, I do wish you a very bright and good 2006!

When I read about the onoxious people on your cruise I got the impression that it must have been Germans until you mentioned they were American *L* I guess you can just find them in every nation.

I am so sorry what happened to your stuff - it did sound like the typical stereotypes on housesitters. Never thought they were true actually.

All the best!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case you read this... READ THIS AS WELL ;)

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home