Friday, September 23, 2005

Rambling thoughts for the day

I vehemently dislike "The Man"...........being a bit of a hippie,I do not care for jumping through government hoops,and yet,I will spend most of the day doing just that.....I have to get my passport......but before I can do that I have to go to the social security office and get my card updated.........I hate going into places like that....there's a security guard at the office, and I never understood why until my last visit there(to replace my son's lost card) .after a wasted afternoon, watching how they deal with people.....I now understand......it's to protect the bumbling rude employees.

I STILL need to get to the Post Office and mail a package I promised to send MONTHS ago.yes.I am very busy, and very slack all at the same time........

I need to call and make a Doctor's appointment.I tore ligaments in my ankle trekking through the Grand Canyon and am still wearing a brace 7 months later......I can walk with the brace, but I can no longer swim.which is one of my favorite things........living on the water I am a bit of a fish...I did come up with a strange compromise though (ever the clever girl)...set an anchor line in high currents, then holding a rope and "swimming" against the current......that way when my ankle is tired, I just pull myself in, instead of having to really swim.......

sometimes you have to think outside the box


Lisa

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a minute ... you anchor yourself to the ground while you are swimming?

gheeez... *LOL*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home